Choosing the Right Life Insurance: A Vital Decision for Your Loved Ones17 October 2023
Product Transfer vs Re-mortgage: Making Informed Mortgage Decisions28 November 2023
Bringing a child into the world is a wonderful occasion, filled with joy and anticipation. However, it also comes with the responsibility of providing the best possible care and protection for your little one. That's where Zurich's Pregnancy and Early Childhood Cover (PEC) steps in, designed especially for clients looking to start or expand their families.
What is PEC and Why is it Essential?
PEC is a comprehensive coverage plan that works hand in hand with our existing Children’s Cover and Children’s Enhanced Cover. It's crafted to offer an extra layer of financial protection precisely when it matters most – during pregnancy and early childhood.
Here's a glimpse of what PEC comprises:
- Children’s Critical Illness Cover PEC takes our Children’s Cover to the next level. It provides coverage for an additional 10 full-payment conditions, including Down’s Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, and Spina Bifida. With this, you can have peace of mind knowing your child is protected against a wider range of health challenges.
- Birth Defect Cover In the event your child is diagnosed with one of four birth defects, such as cleft palate or club foot, PEC offers a payout of £5,000. This financial support can be a game-changer when it comes to covering unexpected medical expenses.
- Specified Complications of Pregnancy Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, but it can also bring about unforeseen complications. PEC steps in by offering a £5,000 payout if the life assured or their partner experiences one of six specified complications of pregnancy, such as placental abruption, Ectopic Pregnancy, or Eclampsia.
- Premature Birth Hospital Stay Benefit With a staggering 1 in 7 babies admitted to neo-natal care in the UK*, our Children’s Premature Birth Hospital Stay Benefit provides valuable assistance. It pays £50 per night from the 7th night onwards if your client's child needs to stay in the hospital following a premature birth, helping ease the financial burden during a challenging time.
- Children’s Enhanced Death Benefit In the unfortunate event of your client's child passing away from the 24th week of pregnancy onwards, PEC offers solace in the form of a £5,000 payout. While nothing can ease the pain of such a loss, this benefit ensures that financial worries don't compound the grief.
At NEST, we understand that growing your family is a beautiful and rewarding journey. Don’t forget that Zurich is one of the providers we work with and we have access to the whole of market to ensure we provide the most suitable cover for you.
Zurich's Pregnancy and Early Childhood Cover (PEC) is our way of ensuring that you and your loved ones have the financial protection and support you need during this precious time. We're here to guide you through the intricacies of this coverage, so you can make informed decisions that safeguard your family's future.
If you like to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact Razia at firstname.lastname@example.org